Welcome to our Covid-19 vaccination information section
If you have received a letter from the national booking system about a vaccination appointment and have any questions about this, please contact them on the number given. The practice does not have any information on the centres and is not able to book appointments for patients at these venues.
Click here to visit Leeds CCG site giving information on all local walk-in sites operating locally. Details are also provided about which age-groups can attend sites.
If you are eligible for a vaccination according to the criteria below, you may prefer to have your appointment at our local service, in which case you don’t need to do anything – we will contact you as soon as an appointment is available.
Who is currently able to book for a Covid-19 vaccination through the Primary Care Network?
Patients in the groups below are now eligible for a Spring booster dose. Once again we will be running clinics at Woodhouse Medical Centre, Cambridge Road, LS6 2SF.
- Over-75 and booster vaccination given 6 months ago or more (approximately);
- Aged 12 or more and immunosuppressed;
- Anyone requiring first, second or booster vaccinations (3rd dose)
Patients over 18 need to wait 4 weeks (28 days) from a positive Covid test before having a vaccination.
Patients under 18 need to wait 12 weeks (84 days) from a positive Covid test before having a vaccination.
Patients aged 12-15 years old and at a high risk of Covid need to wait 4 weeks from a positive Covid test before having a vaccination.
Woodhouse Medical Practice Vaccination Clinic details
We will be running regular vaccination clinics at our Covid vaccination centre at Woodhouse Medical Practice.
- 27 April: 9.00 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.00
- 11 May: 9.00 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.00
- 1 June: 9.00 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.00
Booster vaccines will be either Pfizer or Moderna..
All patients with a mobile number on our records who are eligible for the vaccine should receive a text with a link to book. Please use this link to book your appointment. It is straightforward, and no login is required. The link from texts received a few weeks ago will still work to book into future dates.
There are 3 types of booster for the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine:
- A 1st booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is available for everyone aged 16 and over, and some children aged 12 to 15, who have had a 2nd dose of the vaccine at least 3 months ago.
- A booster dose (4th dose) of the COVID-19 vaccine is available for anyone who had a severely weakened immune system when they had their first 2 doses and who had a 3rd dose of the vaccine at least 3 months ago.
- A spring booster of the COVID-19 vaccine is available to people aged 75 and over, people who live in a care home for older people, or people aged 12 and over who have a weakened immune system.
If you have not had your first, second or booster dose yet, you’re still eligible and can book anytime.
If you are in the groups mentioned above and do not have a mobile number on your record, you have not received a link or the link does not work, then please contact us to book on 0113 295 3460.
Thank you for your support
Once again we are having to redeploy staff from the clinical, support and management teams to support the vaccine effort. Staff shortages may mean that some things take longer than usual. Thank you for your understanding.
We have received so much positive and grateful feedback from patients and the community about what we are doing. Thankyou, it is very heartening for our staff.
If you have any queries about your appointment date or time, please call the practice.
Information on the national booking system.
More detailed information in the form of Frequently Asked Questions.
This leaflet gives more information about the vaccine itself and what to expect, including any possible side-effects.
This leaflet gives more information about what to expect after you have had the vaccination.
You may want to download and read this information even if we have not yet contacted you.