T’is the season to get immunised–
If you think you are eligible for a Flu jab or a Covid booster, get in touch. Besides one or two bigger clinics where we are administering both, we will be able to offer Flu jabs by booking with the nurse team as usual.
Eligibility is very similar for both.
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to adults who:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
…and the following cohorts are eligible for Covid seasonal booster jabs:
- Adult aged 65 years and over, irrespective of place of residence
- A resident (of any age) in a care home for adults
- Individuals aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group*
- Frontline health and social care workers
- Individuals aged 12 to 64 who are household contacts* of those with immunosuppression*
- Individuals aged 16 to 64 who are carers* and staff working in care homes for adults
* further information available, definitions referring to Green Book.
Any other questions, just ask our Patient Support Team. If you have concerns about vaccination, please talk to a doctor or nurse.