Event starts 15th Apr 2021 10:00am
Being human can feel really difficult at times; sometimes this might be occasional days or in specific situations, but sometimes we can struggle for prolonged periods of time, and it feels like it is never ending. Receiving a diagnosis or living with Diabetes can be an additional stressor that makes life even harder; and therefore, puts further strain on psychological wellbeing.
Everyone’s experience of life is unique to them, in the same way that living with Diabetes is a unique experience. However, we can say that the experience of being human and the emotions we feel are often similar; and we can use evidence-based information and techniques to start to manage the difficult emotions in an individualized way.
- Week one: Introduction to Diabetes and Psychological Wellbeing
- Week two: Physical Symptoms and Relaxation
- Week three: Behavior and Motivation
- Week four: Worry and Rumination
- Week five: Identifying and Challenging Thoughts
- Week six: How to maintain change and manage setbacks